As part of an ongoing effort to promote a healthier and safer campus environment, Worcester State has implemented the following policy regarding tailgating activities at football games. Beginning in the fall of 2017, the following guidelines regarding tailgating will be in force.
- The tailgating (setting up grills and tables, etc.) will be located in Lot O (side of Wellness Center).
- Tailgating will be allowed two hours prior to game time.
- No alcohol will be allowed at any time. Any person with alcohol will be asked to dispose of it. The second time the person will be asked to leave the premises.
- At game time, the tailgating area will be shut down and cleared by University Police and all individuals will be asked to enter the stadium or required to exit the premises.
- Those who refuse to vacate the area will be viewed as trespassers and will be subject to police action.
- No individual will be permitted to exit the stadium and linger in the tailgate area, including returning to the area during half time.
- Additionally tailgating will be allowed for players and/or their families after the game for 90 minutes. After the ninety minutes have expired the area will be cleared.
- No Charcoal Grills permitted
Our aim in these policy is to allow for guests at Worcester State to enjoy the football atmosphere in a safe, alcohol free environment.