BOSTON, Mass. – The Worcester State University men's indoor track & field team saw school records from Marcus Vieira (Peabody, Mass.) and Marques Johnson (West Hartford, Conn.) in the weight throw and 1,000 meters, respectively, at the Boston University Last Chance meet on Sunday.
February 25, 2018
Boston University Last Chance Meet
Boston University Track & Tennis Center
No Team Scoring
WORCESTER STATE PERFORMERS
- Marcus Vieira – 1st Place in Weight Throw (19.15m/62-10.00)
- Justin Lewis – 2nd Place in High Jump (2.06m/6-09.00)
- Marc George – 4th Place in 500 Meters (1:07.79)
- Marques Johnson – 5th Place in 1000 Meters (2:34.83)
- Markiesh Harmon – 7th Place in Long Jump (6.64m/21-09.50)
- Anthony Christo – 8th Place in Weight Throw (16.31m/53-06.25)
- John Ojukwu – 14th Place in 60 Meters (7.02)
- Devin Luce – 82nd Place in Mile Run (4:37.54)
Amongst Division I, II, and III competition the Lancers thrived on Sunday at the Boston University Last Chance Meet.
Vieira broke his own school record in the weight throw with a distance of 19.15m (62' 10"). With this result, he currently sits at 5th in the national rankings. Thrower Anthony Christo (Peabody, Mass.) had a personal record in the weight throw as well with a throw of 16.31m (53' 6.25").
Johnson broke the school record in the 1,000 meters, as he completed the race in a time of 2:34.83. He trumped Tim Mazeika who previously set the record in 2012 with a time of 2:35.46.
Sophomore Justin Lewis (Lynn, Mass.) came in second in the high jump, as Albany's Kinglesy Ogbonna defeated him in a jump off. Lewis currently still holds the number one spot in all of Division III with his 2.14m (7' 0.25") marking from the All New England Championships.
Markiesh Harmon (Leominster, Mass.) saw a season best 6.64m (21' 9.5") in the long jump.
The Tufts Last Chance Meet is scheduled for Saturday, March 3.