MEDFORD, Mass. – Five women Lancers attended the Tufts National Qualifying Meet on Saturday in the hopes of upping their national rankings to qualify for the NCAA Division III Championships.
March 3, 2018
National Qualifying Meet
No Team Scoring
WORCESTER STATE PERFORMERS
- Hannah LoChiatto – 2nd Place in High Jump (1.57m/5-01.75)
- Bernice Mensah – 5th Place in Triple Jump (11.07m/36-04.00), 9th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.15), 10th Place in Long Jump (5.01m/16-05.25)
- Abigail Danso – 7th Place in 60 Meter Hurdles (9.03)
- Doreen Buabeng – 10th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.15)
- Abigail MacGregor – 11th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.20)
Worcester State's Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) notched 2nd place in the high jump (1.57m)
Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) competed in the triple jump, long jump, and 60 meter dash at the event. She recorded a personal record in the triple jump at 11.07m (36' 3.75").
Senior Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) took part in the 60 meter hurdles and came three seconds shy of her personal best of 9.00.
The NCAA Championships will be held next weekend in Birmingham, Alabama. Currently, Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir (Akureyi, Iceland) has qualified in the high jump and pentathlon as she ranks 8th and 5th, respectively, in those events.