SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Worcester State University women's track & field team took third place of nine teams in attendance at the Springfield College Classic on Saturday.
April 21, 2018
Springfield College Classic
1st Place: AIC (183.83)
2nd Place: Springfield (144.66)
3rd Place: Worcester State (93)
4th Place: Coast Guard (78)
5th Place: Westfield State (77.16)
6th Place: Keene State (68.33)
7th Place: Mount Holyoke (68)
8th Place: Elms (5)
9th Place: Springfield Tech CC (3)
WORCESTER STATE TOP PERFORMERS
- Stephanie McFadries: 1st Place in Javelin Throw (40.29m/132-02)
- Abigail MacGregor: 2nd Place in 200 Meter Dash (26.88)
- 4x400 Meter Relay: 2nd Place (4:14.41): Amanda Turner, Rachel Stier, Brenda Thomas, Hannah LoChiatto
- Rachel Stier: 3rd Place in 400 Meter Run (1:01.85)
- Abigail Danso: 3rd Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (15.04)
- Bernice Mensah: 3rd Place in Long Jump (5.23m/17-2.00) 3rd Place in 200 Meter Dash (26.96), 5th Place in 100 Meter Dash (12.68)
- Kendra Wynn: 3rd Place in 5000 Meter Run (21:23.41)
- 4x100 Meter: 3rd Place (50.02): Abigail Danso, Bernice Mensah, Abigail MacGregor, Doreen Buabeng
- Megan Rouillard: 4th Place in Hammer Throw (41.36m/135-08)
- Doreen Buabeng: 4th Place in 100 Meter Dash (12.55), 5th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.19)
- Hannah LoChiatto: Tied for 5th Place: 1.54m (5-0.50)
- Courtney Guay: 6th Place in 800 Meter Run (2:28.78)
- Amanda Gevry: 7th Place in 1500 Meter Run (5:14.98)
- Amanda Turner: 7th Place in 400 Meter Run (1:03.74)
- Emma Cucchiara: 7th Place in 5000 Meter Run (23:43.93)
Junior Stephanie McFadries (Burlington, Mass.) won the javelin throw as she threw for 40.29m (132' 2").
Abigail MacGregor (Salem, N.H.) came in second in the 200 meter dash with a personal best time of 26.88.
Both relay teams worked well together and put up season personal records. The 4x400 meter group of Amanda Turner (Windham, Maine), Rachel Stier (Mansfield, Mass.), Brenda Thomas (Worcester, Mass.), and Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) claimed a second place finish while the 4x100 meter relay group of Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.), Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.), MacGregor, and Doreen Buabeng (Worcester, Mass.) took third place.
Also taking third place in their respective events were Stier, Danso, Mensah, and Kendra Wynn (Chelmsford, Mass.). Danso put up a personal best in the 100 meter hurdles as she complete it in a time of 15.04. Mensah posted a personal best in the 200 meters at 26.95.
Megan Rouillard (Barrington, N.H.) and Buabeng both found fourth with personal bests in the hammer throw and 100 meter dash, respectively.
The women's track & field team's next meet is the MASCAC/Alliance Championships on Saturday (Apr. 28).