DARTMOUTH, N.H. – The Worcester State University women's outdoor track & field team competed at the All New England Championships this weekend, as junior Stephanie McFadries (Burlington, Mass.) scored five points for the Blue and Gold in the javelin throw, and the 4x800 meter relay team scored another to set the Lancers at 27th place of 37+ schools around New England.
May 11-12, 2018
All New England Championships
TOP-10 TEAM RANKINGS
1st Place: Northeastern (121)
2nd Place: Dartmouth (99.62)
3rd Place: UMass Amherst (86.50)
4th Place: Rhode Island (82.12)
5th Place: New Hampshire (67.12)
6th Place: Southern Connecticut (35)
7th Place: Williams (31.12)
8th Place: MIT (28)
9th Place: Stonehill (27.50)
10th Place: UMass Boston (25)
27th Place: Worcester State (6)
WORCESTER STATE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
- Stephanie McFadries: 4th Place in Javelin (39.73m/130-04)
- 4x800 Meter Relay: 8th Place (10:07.34): Kayla Corcoran, Courtney Guay, Kelsey Bedard, Sara McIsaac
- Bernice Mensah: 9th Place in Triple Jump (11.32m/37-01.75), 16th Place in 100 Meter Dash (12.47)
- 4x100 Meter Relay: 15th Place (49.80): Abigail Danso, Bernice Mensah, Abigail MacGregor, Doreen Buabeng
- 4x400 Meter Relay: 15th Place (4:04.24): Amanda Turner, Rachel Stier, Brenda Thomas, Hannah LoChiatto
- Abigail Danso: 16th Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (15.15)
- Hannah LoChiatto: 16th Place in High Jump (1.60m/5-03.00)
- Doreen Buabeng: 28th Place in 100 Meter Dash (12.80)
McFadries took fourth place in the javelin with a throw of 39.73m (130' 4") to score five points for the Blue and Gold. The 4x800 meter relay team made up of Kayla Corcoran (Lunenberg, Mass.), Courtney Guay (Londonderry, N.H.), Kelsey Bedard (Lemonister, Mass.), and Sara McIsaac (Weymouth, Mass.) scored an additional point with an eighth place finish.
Rookie Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) took ninth place in the triple jump and 16th place in the 100 meter dash with a personal best time of 12.47.
Worcester State's 4x400 meter relay team of Amanda Turner (Windham, Maine), Rachel Stier (Mansfield, Mass.), Brenda Thomas (Worcester, Mass.), and Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) logged a season best time of 4:04.24.
Next weekend, the Lancers will attend MIT's Last Chance Meet.