DARTMOUTH, N.H. – Worcester State University's Justin Lewis (Lynn, Mass.) was named the All New England Champion in the high jump competition this weekend, as he scored 10 points for his team, who finished 23rd amongst competition from Division I, II, and III schools.
May 11-12, 2018
All New England Championships
TOP-10 TEAM RANKINGS
1st Place: Southern Connecticut (113.50)
2nd Place: UMass Amherst (71)
3rd Place: New Hampshire (47.50)
4th Place: UMass Dartmouth (48.50)
5th Place: Dartmouth (47.50)
6th Place: Northeastern (40)
7th Place: WPI (39.50)
8th Place: Williams (35.50)
9th Place: Merrimack (32)
10th Place: Brandeis (31)
23rd Place: Worcester State (10)
WORCESTER STATE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
- Justin Lewis: 1st Place in High Jump (2.12m/6-11.50)
- Marcus Vieira: 10th Place in Hammer (52.02m/170-08), 12th Place in Discus (44.45m/145-10)
- Elmer Acuna: 12th Place in Shot Put (14.36m/47-01.50), 19th Place in Discus (40.39m/132-06)
- John Ojukwu: 12th Place in 100 Meter Dash (11.01)
- Ryan Connolly: 16th Place in Triple Jump (12.68m/41-07.25), 21st Place in Long Jump (6.06m/19-10.75)
- Markiesh Harmon: 17th Place in Triple Jump (12.18m/39-11.50)
Lewis was tabbed the All New England Champion in the high jump competition as he won event with a height of 2.12m (6' 11.5"). He still stands at second place in all of Division III with this season best marking.
Lancers throwers Marcus Vieira (Peabody, Mass. and Elmer Acuna (Newton, Mass.) competed in the hammer throw, discus, and shot put. Vieira took 10th place in the hammer throw with a distance of 52.02m (170' 8") and 12th place in the discus (44.45m/145' 10"). Acuna took 10th in the shot put (14.36m/47' 1.5") and 19th place in the discus (40.39m/132' 6").
Freshman John Ojukwu (Stow, Mass.) competed in the 100 meter dash, and came in 12th in a time of 11.01.
Ryan Connolly (Braintree, Mass.) and Markiesh Harmon (Leominster, Mass.) competed in the jumps. Connolly grabbed 16th place in the triple jump and 21st place in the long jump, while Harmon came in just behind Connolly in the triple jump.
Next weekend, the Lancers will attend MIT's Last Chance Meet.