CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Worcester State University men's outdoor track & field team traveled to MIT for a last chance meet Thursday (May 17) evening, as Justin Lewis (Lynn, Mass.) won the high jump event.
May 17, 2018
MIT Last Chance Meet
Henry G. Steinbrenner Track
No Team Scoring
WORCESTER STATE INDIVIDUAL RESUTS
- Justin Lewis: 1st Place in High Jump (2.08m/6' 9.75")
- Marcus Vieira: 3rd Place in Hammer (55.65m/182' 7"), 6th Place in Discus (46.60m/152' 11")
- Markiesh Harmon: 4th Place in Long Jump (6.30m/20' 8"), 9th Place in 100 Meter Dash (12.20)
- Elmer Acuna: 7th Place in Shot Put (14.76m/48' 5.25")
- Anthony Christo: 12th Place in Hammer (41.14m/134' 11")
Worcester State University's Lewis won the high jump competition at the Last Chance Meet with a height of 2.08m (6' 9.75"). He currently stands at second in the nation with a season best height of 2.12m (6' 11.5"), which he marked on May 3 at the Division III New England Outdoor Championships.
Marcus Vieira (Peabody, Mass.) competed in both the hammer and discus throws today. He came in third in the hammer with a distance of 55.65m (182' 7") and sixth in the discus at 46.60m (152' 11"). Vieira currently stands at 22nd in the nation in the hammer throw with a season best throw of 55.73m (182' 10"), which he logged at the 2018 Trojan Challenge on March 23.
Elmer Acuna (Newton, Mass.) and Anthony Christo (Peabody, Mass.) also competed in the throw events, while Markiesh Harmon (Leominster, Mass.) took part in the long jump and 100-meter dash competitions.
The top-20 declared student-athletes will be accepted into the 2018 NCAA Division III National Championships, to be held in La Crosse, Wisconsin next week.