CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Worcester State University's freshman Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) broke a Worcester State University school record in the triple jump (11.59m) on Saturday at the Division III New England Championships, besting head coach Andrea Ouellette's previous record posted in 2009.
May 5, 2018
Division III New England Championships
Tied for 20th Place
TOP-10 TEAM RANKINGS
1st Place: MIT (161)
2nd Place: Williams (69)
3rd Place: Coast Guard (60)
4th Place: UMass Boston (56)
5th Place: Trinity (49)
6th Place: Bowdoin (35)
7th Place: Connecticut College (33)
8th Place: WPI (30)
9th Place: Middlebury (27)
10th Place: Tufts (26.5)
20th Place: Worcester State (15)
WORCESTER STATE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
- Bernice Mensah: 5th Place in Triple Jump (11.59m/38-0.25), 9th Place in 100 Meters (12.52), 13th Place in Long Jump (5.15m/16-10.75)
- Abigail Danso: 5th Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (14.85)
- 4x100 Meter Relay: 6th Place (49.09): Abigail Danso, Bernice Mensah, Abigail MacGregor, Doreen Buabeng
- Justine Murdocca: 6th Place in 10000 Meters (40:34.15)
- 4x800 Meter Relay: 8th Place (9:55.17): Kayla Corcoran, Courtney Guay, Kelsey Bedard, Sara McIsaac
- 4x400 Meter Relay: 9th Place (4:09.67): Amanda Turner, Rachel Stier, Brenda Thomas, Hannah LoChiatto
- Stephanie McFadries: 11th Place in Javelin (36.97m/121-3.75)
- Rachel Stier: 16th Place in 400 Meters (1:01.13)
- Hannah LoChiatto: 17th Place in High Jump (1.54m/5-0.5)
- Megan Rouillard: 26th Place in Discus (27.26m/89-5.5)
Worcester State's rookie, Mensah, broke a Worcester State school record in the triple jump with a leap of 11.59m (38-0.25) at the championships, which was good for a fifth place finish. She bested the previous school record of 11.43m (37-06) which was recorded by head coach Andrea Ouelette in 2009 at the ECAC Championships. Mensah also competed in the 100 meter dash and long jump events.
Worcester State's Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) broke 15 seconds in the 100 meter hurdles, as she posted a personal record in the event with a time of 14.85. With this marking, she earned a fifth place finish in the event.
The Lancers' 4x100 meter relay team of Danso, Mensah, Abigail MacGregor (Salem, N.H.) and Doreen Buabeng (Worcester, Mass.) logged a sixth place finish in a time of 49:09. Justine Murdocca (Milford, Mass.) also scored points for her team as she came in sixth in the 10000 meters with a time of 40:34.15.
Next weekend, the women's team heads to Dartmouth College for the All New England Championships.